DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Microchip number 0383458098100004131

I came upon an atricle in The Star newspaper about a month ago regarding a turtle and river terrapin conservation program launched by Aquaria KLCC with partnership from The Body Shop, The Royal Mint of Malaysia and Media Prima.

The purpose of the program is to collect enuf $$$ to sponsor the effort to tag 1500 endangered species of turtles and river terrapins to be released back into the sea. The ability to track the turtles through the microchips will contribute to the survival of the turtles. Full story of this program can be read at Adopt a turtle project.

After reading the article....I make up my mind to contribute towards this program. Eventhough it took me a month....finally I make a trip to Aquaria KLCC and contributed towards this project. I am given the opportunity to name the turtle...n I call it Beckz...hehehe...nice or not the name :)

No comments: