DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, November 17, 2006

Dive dive dive....yahooooo...diving is FUN (Episode 2, stage 1)

....continued from "Dive dive dive....yahooooo...diving is FUN (Episode 1)".......

In the previous blog (Episode 1), I came into realization that the dive season is finally over for 2006 (**sob sob**) in the east coast. Upon being hit by this reality....I decided to blog about my short but wonderful journey into the world of SCUBA diving. Below is the continuation of the wonderful journey.

Brace yourself for more "FUN"ny stories.....no tickets neccesary but laughers are mandatory....hehehehe

July 2006 (Lang Tengah):

The diving bug is again biting hard on me. It has been almost a month since my last FUN dive. Along the way was some intro to SCUBA session held in a pool in PJ, where I helped my instructor with photography as I am the only one with an underwater camera casing.

Eventhough I got to breath, hover and swim underwater......the 'feel' is just not there. There are no fishes (**ones got 2 dugongs...hehehe**), no corals, no crown of thorns and 'durians', no yellow box fish....and most 'potong stim' thing is that it all happen in a 8 feet pool. I know it at that time...I have to get back into the sea. The sea is calling me.....and I am going to answer.

I bought my gears (fins, booties, mask, snorkle and wetsuit) and signed up for the Advance Open Water Course (AOWD) with my freelance instructor friend. Course date is 1st week of July....yes....finally a cure to my FUN addiction.

Finally....the moment came. I have an Australian Mat Salleh by the name of David Beasley (my ex-colleague) as my buddy. David and I are both in the IT line, however I felt that he is more suitable in the circus line. He has many tricks under his sleeves such as juggling, balancing a crystal ball on his palm and balancing a stick with 2 other sticks. Its kinda hard to explain his tricks....you just have to see it by urself. He did amazed many of the resort guest with his tricks....n in return he got lots of beers...hehehehe


David (on right)

Back to diving.....well I am really looking forward towards it. Together in the trip are 6 OWD students and 2 fun divers. 4 out of 6 of the OWD students are gals....part of the reason I wanna join this trip....hehehehehe.

Since the course was done also in the same resort in Lang Tengah Island....there wasn't much to do there except:
  1. see sunset every single evening.

  2. sleep on the hammock enjoying the sea breeze everyday after lunch.

  3. watch bikini gals running around on the white sandy beach....hehehe...life is GOOD.

  4. lie down on the beach bench enjoying the starry starry sky at nite while listening to the sound of waves crashing on the shore.

Things we did underwater:
  1. nite dive....yeahhhhh.

  2. deep dive....double yeahhhhh.

  3. took pic of a damm freaking big puffer fish during deep dive.

  4. do kungfu, karate and kickboxing moves underwater without our fins....this is damm lots of fun.

Overall...its a damm satisfying dive trip. I learned a lot from this trip.....mainly in controlling my bouyancy further. By having good bouyancy control...now I can take more nicer picture:


a cute yellow box fish hiding among staghorn corals


a big puffer fish...like pillow

Finally....my reward for this trip is.......................


me in yellow shirt...I think is the same shirt when I got my OWD :P

............being certified as an Advance Open Water Diver....yahooooo

Also in this trip.....we get to watch the most emotional graduation night for the OWD students. I still have the video....damm emotional.

.......To be Continued in "Dive dive dive....yahooooo...diving is FUN (Episode 2, stage 2)".............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewa!!!.. u really into this Diving!!!
can set up diving school already!!!

Unknown said...

aiks...janganlah perli aku...hehehehe