DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, December 11, 2006

Badminton.....my passion......

Was bit sad when I saw my racquet bag gathering dust on top of my table. I lost count of how many weeks, perhaps months since I last played badminton. Few years ago...or merely up to 6 months ago....badminton is my no 1 passion in sports. I play the game regularly 3 times a week....sometimes up to 5 times.

After realizing I have not touched my racquets for such a long time, I rang up my god-sis (Odett) and ask her for a game at her condo last Sat (09/12/2006) nite. The plan is to just gauge myself on how much my level has dropped over the period of time. During my training days...the drill we did was torturing...but the reward is satisfying. The speed and accuracy we gained clearly differs us from the rest of the group. These are the aspects I aimed to gauge myself.

As usual....start the game with some basic strokes. Found out my lobs are not as accurate as it used to be. Shotting lobs are way toooooo strong....some even went out bout 1 feet from the base line. Smashing timing was all out......and those smash that connects....the power and accuracy is not there anymore. Drop shots is still sharp....but the accuracy is not so good anymore. Defence is horrible......seems like the hand n mind coordination is almost totally out. However luckily....footwork is still ok. Still manage to run, jump n turn around the court easily.

After the game.....all those involve (Odett, Stanley, Ben, Beckz, Isiah and me) went for supper together. I felt kinda sad that my level of badminton has declined so badly. I made a point to myself that I will pick up badminton again regularly and brush back up my skills. There is no way I am going to let my skills in my no 1 most passionate sport to drop again.

Gambate

4 comments:

~ HöOVéRBélL a.k.a BéCKz ~ said...

Talk about badminton, i did not play for so so so so long... hhheee... good thing i can join u guys this time, it was a good time for me to start back again but torturing! Whole body pain!!!

YvonneYong said...

Waisay...Then I don't think can play with you. You will die laughing. hehe

~ HöOVéRBélL a.k.a BéCKz ~ said...

Die laughing? Why la? hheee...

YvonneYong said...

Beckz...you have not seen me played. One day, if we have the chance...you will know. Well, seeing is believing. kekeke