DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dive dive dive....yahooooo...diving is FUN (Episode 1)

I finally came to accept fact that the dive season in East Coast of Peninsula Malaysia is over for 2006. Eventhough the season kinda ended in end Sept 2006 (**more than a month ago**)....its really hard for me to let go......SCUBA Diving is just so damm bloody addictively FUN.

Looking back...it been quite a FUN, funny and damm enjoying moment I spend in diving. I am actually quite a new diver, having started only back in May 2006 (**yeah....not that long ago**).....however I kinda get addicted to it quite seriously as compared to my fellow OWD students. For the next few months (**all the way till Sept 06**)....it was only fun, fun, fun and nothing but fun.

To chronograph it....well....it kinda like something below:

May 2006:

Finally decided to take up SCUBA diving after being pestered non-stop day n night by my rock climbing buddy. His reason.....well he is a diver and not working at that time, so he wanted me to take up diving so I can go dive with him. Hmmmm.....sound like a reasonable reason to me.

Signed up for a course with a friend who happen to be a freelance instructor. Got the materials...., read them....., did the knowledge reviews....and finally studied hard for the exam. Prior to the course (**was doin it in Lang Tengah Island**), my damm free and persuasive rock climb buddy rang me up n told me he is off to Langkawi to study Aeronautics for a year. Hearing this...I was like...."Damm....you ask me to take up this diving thingy so we can go dive....now u tell me u r migrating to Langkawi for a year....shit". Anyway....no turning back then....money paid, book studied....and already commited to doing it.

Stepped on Lang Tengah Island for the very 1st time in my life....never been here but heard it was a nice place. Did my OWD (confined and open water skills) course here. Was really FUN, so many things happen:


  1. sleep at the beach.

  2. snorkling non-stop.


  3. watch bikini gals with instructor whole day.


  4. eat buffet food every single day.


  5. see beautiful sunset every evening in such a short 4d3n trip.


  6. drink MILO from morning till nite.


  7. nearly drown while doin my 200 metres swim coz both leg crammed up while swimming. Tip: do not do any strainous leg activity b4 the swim.


Finally on 20/05/2006....it finally happen. What happen ???? read below :

English Version:
Today in history...., 20/05/2006......me (Siew Kum Weng) is a certified Open Water Diver....yahoooooooooooo


Malay Version:
Pada hari yang bersejarah ini, saya (Siew Kum Weng) mengishtiharkan bahawasanya saya telah ditabalkan lesen menyelam Open Water Diver pada 20/05/2006. Sekian, terima kasih.



I am the one in the yellow shirt...hehehehe

Eventhough my OWD experience might sound a little exaggerated (**I myself think it is**)....I bet all divers will never forget their experience when they took their OWD. The 1st feeling of breathing underwater, float motionlessly without the feel of grativy underwater......its just sooooo relaxing.


Back (left to right) :Danny, A'boy, Rho Wen, Ben, Me, Anne, Odett
Front (left to right) : Chin Yin, Richard (instructor), Choo

Well...that's it for May 2006.

June 2006:

Went for my 1st fun dive in early June. It was a really last minute thingy....but the diving bug is really biting me hard.

I even manage to get myself an underwater casing for an old camera I had. Since the camera was quite old and has stop production back in 2004....hence the underwater casing was quite cheap. It seems that the casing only fit this particular model of camera....so the shopowner was willing to give me quite a deal to just "dispose" of the old "rugi" investment....hehehehe...which is good news to me.

1st fun dive was nice....manage to brush up more on my bouyancy control. I found out that if you want to really seriously brush up in your bouyancy, take up underwater photography. In order to get a nice decent picture, you will have to get close to the object, hover, control ur breath (**bubbles scare fishes away**) and can turn around left and right smoothly and swift underwater.

However since this is my 1st fun dive and 1st time taking picture underwater....I feel I learned a lot from the trip. Some of the pics I took:


Filefish


Brain coral

Looking at the pictures.....well there are still plenty of rooms for improvements, espeically on the lighting and angle aspect. However as a 1st timer...it was quite satisfying I manage to snap them.

More photos at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=80t4j8i.1bve6a9e&x=0&y=ptezfv

Well...that's the end for June 2006.

......to be continued........

2 comments:

YvonneYong said...

It's all your fault, now I'm gonna spend my whole day dreaming. *haih* Sadly, diving is not something that can be done as easy as rock climbing where we can just drive to the gym and climb. All I can do now is to look at pictures of fishes and fantasize. Damm...I REALLY miss DIVING!!!

Unknown said...

Wait for Episode 2 of the story....hehehehehe....

don't say I din warn u...nyek nyek nyek