DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Dive dive dive....yahooooo...diving is FUN (Episode 2, stage 2)

Continue from "Dive dive dive....yahooooo...diving is FUN (Episode 2, stage 1)".........

July 2006 (Perhentian):

This is my 1st FUN dive after getting my AOWD. The trip was planned by me and initially many of my friends wanted to join.....however as the date comes closer...all also ffk me...haihzzz. Finally only me and my instructor decide to go for the FUN dive trip.

I have heard a lot of wonderful things regarding the dive sites in Perhentian Island. It is famous for its ship wrecks dive sites and also a favourite spot for back packing mat salleh to do dive. Basically you don't have to attached yourself to a "package" type trip, there are many resorts, dive centers and 'makan' places here.....so u can plan your trip according to your preference. There is even a school here. Its the perfect place for people who are on a tight budget and would like to have some dives while hanging out on the island.

For this trip..., me and my friend (the freelance instructor) decide to only do 4 FUN dives. Our 1st dive was initially planned at Vietnamese Wreck....which I heard b4 that is it a wonderful dive site. As the boat reaches the dive site.....the surface current was so strong that we have no way of fighting it. Even paddling hard, we are at a lost end against the current. Finally we abandon the dive....sadly.

Instead we change location to another dive site call Batu Nesan. As we just descent into the water....3 huge 1 metre long Bumphead Fish swam towards us. Actually I think we descented into the swimming path of the Bumpheads. If we would have went down bout 10 seconds later, we might actually sit on the Bumpheads too...hehehehe.


Big Bumphead Fish

The other 3 dive sites that we went were:

1)Shark point
Boring site.

2)Tokong Laut
Cun site. Seriously.......if you are an AOWD, you have to go dive here. The dive site is a big mountain shape boulder that rises from the ocean floor. The top of the boulder is exposed above water for about 3 metres. Surface current is usually mild. The current at the bottom can be harzardously strong....however it is FUN for doin drift diving.
You can also test ur diving control skill at this dive site by taking nice photos while in current. I manage to spot a Scorpion Fish while drift diving, quickly make a 90 degree turn, fight the current....and snap the pic.


Try to spot the Scorpion Fish...hehehe

3)Sugar Wreck
This site is a cargo ship which sank back in 2001. Its carrying supply of raw sugar when it sank, hence the wreck is call "Sugar Wreck". Current can be strong at surface, however ones at the bottom...the wreck can shield off the current. Many Lion Fish and Puffer Fish at this wreck.....not forgetting the number of sea durains also.


Lion Fish

Overall this trip is damm enjoying. Nice dive sites, get to eat barracuda fish curry (have to wait 1 hour to prepare), get to eat nice n cheap western food, get to see many tanned mat salleh lui and lastly....banyak bikini gal ahhhhh........slurrrpp.

Underwater pictures from this trip are available at the URL below:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=80t4j8i.81yvul3i&x=0&y=-r9s3m5

.......To be Continued in "Dive dive dive....yahooooo...diving is FUN (Episode 3)..........

*preview::: Episode 3 is the final episode of my 2006 SCUBA diving stories. It contains the best course I have ever took by far...which is the PADI Rescue Diver Course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...the scorpion fish looks familiar *hehehhee* Yeah...lookin forward to my upcoming Mac'07 Perhentian trip.
Haizzz...assuming I'm going 15 Mac, I still have 107 days to spend on land before getting in touch with sea water.