DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, June 25, 2007

Jadi lembu.....

For those who do not understand Bahasa Malaysia...."Jadi lembu" simply means "becoming a cow". You might be wondering what does that got to do with me....hehehe...well, here is the story.

Basically "jadi lembu" is a tag we conned out to refer to people who have to become a porter (willingly or un-willingly) in jungle trekking. Most of the "lembu" are actually good hearted kind people who helped others on their lugguage during the trip. These are the people who usually take more load in order for the others to enjoy the hike.

so here is the story.....

My cousin (Eric) has invited me to join his company trip to Mt Irau last week. He has asked for my assistance in guiding the newbies (well...all of the rest never climbed Irau b4) however I am a little reluctant. Reason is I am a bit tired of guiding newbies becuase I have just did so about a month ago at Mt Tahan. Hence on this trip, I volunteer to be the porter....aka "lembu".

Besides have to carry extra heavy loads as compared to others.....the "lembu" also have to reach the campsite early as he/she (oh yeah...there are female "lembu"s also but not in this trip) usually carries the tent(s). The main advantage is that the "lembu" don't have to wait for others and can just race all the way up.

Actually this is not the 1st time I become a "lembu"...tried is b4 last year in Irau also. For short weekend trips with newbies...i would prefer to be the "lembu" than becoming the guide and organizer....coz if anything goes wrong, the furious climbers don't come after me...hehehehehe.

No comments: