DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 17, 2007

CNY coming d

Yahoooo...every year, this is the moment I am looking forward too. Well...its becoz got angpow mah....hehehehehe. Actually I always look forward to CNY becoz its the time I get to see my cousins n relatives come together. The atmosphere is just superb....so many people coming together to share stories n laughters.

I remember when I was a kid......playing fire crackers is still legal. On the eve of CNY, dad will hang the long long long red cracker "pau chiong" on the porch and wait for the clock to strike 12 midnite. Then he will burn the cracker with the neighbours n the whole "taman" will have thunderous sound of fire crackers.

Now days its illegal to play fire crackers anymore....but the spirit of CNY is always there. Maybe the celebration is less these days....however the tradition is still well maintained. My sis n me still kneel down n offer tea to our parents on the morning of the 1st day of CNY as an act of seeking forgiveness. I plan to maintain this tradition to my kids next time n them to thier's.

No comments: