DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, November 27, 2006

....You'll never know what you'll get....

I remember a famous quote from the movie Forest Gump....which is "Life is like a box of chocolates, u will never know what you will get". Basically it means that you can never 100% expect what to get in life.

Hence lets take a review of the average 'life' step by step:

1) We start by being taught in schools to be good citizens...and spend most of our childhood studying.

2) We study hard and lastly rewarded with out diplomas and degrees, which are our passport to the 'so call better' working world.

3) We join the list of unemployed grads....until we got a job. And via strict interviews....we join the working world.

4)We perform our job deligently....until we felt so exhausted to do anything more for the day. However we are rewarded every end of the month in the form of 'pay'.

5) Time kept passing on....until we found our sweetheart. We made a vow of neverending happiness together....and via some passionate hugs n kisses...we were rewarded 9 months later with out own baby. **Darn...there goes the sleep**

6) We kept on persuing higher goals...till we are rich. We wanted to be perfect in everything we do...we want to be the best...and will always squeeze the extra time to succeed.

7) Suddenly 1 day 'they' told u that they can do without u. Ur hold world crumple before your eyes, you felt destroyed. Time still pass but this time it is more slower.

8) You realize all the while you have been living in a fog. You set high goals and while chasing them, you have neglated many wonderful things in life. Time now seems of no use to you already.....and finally ur time is up in this 'so called' wonderful ambitious life.


Upon this revelation.....an idea comes to mind on how to relive life. Life is not all about goals and dreams...it is also about all the other wonderful things which comes along. Hence I will :

  1. I'll learn to take things easy.

  2. I'll listen more to those around me.

  3. I try to travel more.

  4. I'll open my heart to LOVE.

  5. I'll save more time to spend with my friends.

  6. I'll sing whenever I feel like singing...example in the rain.

  7. I'll try to achieve common goals with my LOVE one.

  8. I'll join my friend's warmth.

  9. I'll coorporate to make this world a better and safer place to live in.

I believe by doing so.....when my time finally catch up with me, I have no regret in this life. Like the saying..."Life is like a box of chocolates, u will never know what you will get"....hence appriciate and enjoy every moment of your life.

No comments: