DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Facebook

OK...I need to declare that I am not making any profit from Facebook by putting their name on the title of this posting :P

Anyway.....I am quite amazed by Facebook. When they launch....people is saying that they are only copying Friendster.com becoz friendster come 1st. Actually both are using the "6 degrees of separation" priciple in building the application. Basically it means friends meet friends and the the network expend from there.

What friendster did best, facebook expend it further. It encorporates advertisements, business opportunities, fun applications (I love Superpoke) and many many more. Also its build using Ajax...which enhances its GUI and user friendliness.

When I sign up, I am a bit sceptical that it will out-perform friendster. Well....little that I know, now it seems to be more succesful that friendster. I also begin to log into facebook more often than friendster now. Friendster try to introduce applications now, but I doubt it will be able to catch up anymore unless they come out with something new that is radical, interactive and fun.

Lastly....wanna say good job to Facebook.com for the good application. Also...for those who wanna add me ah, can search by my name (Kum Weng) lor :)

No comments: