DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Blood donation

I must admit.....I do not donate money..., not to beggers, monks or anyone. The only thing I donate is blood coz I believe that the blood really will go towards saving ones life.

Yest I went to donate blood in a hospital. This is the 1st time I donate in hospital......all the other times is done in shopping malls, colleges, offices and temples. I decided to do it in the hospital this time becoz I just wanna see how different the environment compared to in complexes n temples.

1st thing I notice....its not easy to find the blood bank. The hospital has just renovated its facilities....hence the location of the blood bank has been moved. After asking few hospital staffs and walk a distance.....finally found the blood bank.

2nd thing I notice....the chair is damm comfy. Usually in complexes/temples, u just get to lie down on those "katil lipat"....but in the hospital, they have these damm comfy chair. Then notice they have a digital device to weight the blood u r donating. That device also tracks the time u take to donate the blood....cool.

Overall....donated 450ml of blood in 4 mins 36 secs. Was kinda happy as my blood pressure still low, means still healthy...hehehehe. Also happy coz I manage to complete one of my 2006 resolution...which is to donate blood 4 times in 2006....yahoooooo. Will try to donate 4 times again in 2007.

4 comments:

~ HöOVéRBélL a.k.a BéCKz ~ said...

Hhmm, guess is a good experience being poked by the big big needle into your blood vein. Eeeeuuuwww.... Scaryyyy...

Too bad i can't try donating blood even though i tried to donate twice but being rejected and never can donate blood in my whole life anymore after getting my medical report now. =D

Unknown said...

Nice experience.....poke so many times d until the arm look like those drug addict...many holes...hehehehehe

Kasihan Beckz cannot donate blood....but nevermind lah, can still do other charitable stuffs.

Anonymous said...

crab, u got donate sperm or not? Hehhehee

Unknown said...

ayac

how I wish ion Msia can donate sperm.....will think of u then =P