DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New place to climb

Something sad happen 2 weeks ago....to be precise its on 10th Aug 2008. I won't say its a very sad occasion to many people, but definitely for many rock climbers. It is the day Summit Rock Climbing Gym close down. They have been operating there for about 4 years now and from what I heard, the owner of Summit decide to increase the rent hence they are forced to moved out.

To be honest, the sport of rock climbing in Malaysia did grow but not at a very good pace. Over the years I have been climbing, the crowd still seem to be the same old bunch wherever I met. Ones or twice we see some new faces but they are more like those "try ones" type.

With the closure of the Summit climbing gym....me and my regular climbing kakis now have to look for other places to climb. We try to avoid going to Camp5 as the fee there is very very expensive, but ones a while we have to go there to feed our addiction for climbing. Else will do more outdoor climb.....if the weather permits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very useful post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Ruby[/url]