DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, February 11, 2008

:: CNY :: --Making fishie--

Every year without fail....the trees at my home in Malacca will be decorated with "fishes" during CNY. Well...its actually paper fishes make from ang pow and I am proud to be the maker of these fishes...hehehehe.

Usually I'll make ard 30-40 fishes a year, however due to the reduction of trees at my home this year...I make only ard 20 fishes.


Prepare the angpows....lots of them if u intent to make a lot of fishie.


1 single angpow usually can make only 1 fish, however if the angpow is long enuf, you can make 2 fishie.


Fold 1 end of the ang pow.


Then cut the angpow....use only the folded end to make the fish.


Cut out the shape as in the pic above on the folded part of the angpow.


Then snip a small portion away from the tip of the angpow corner...in this pic its the tip on the left corner of the angpow.


Open the folded ang pow and cut a line at the middle, directly on the line where you fold the ang pow just now. Cut about 2 inch.


Cross the end part to form the tail and staple the part where my finger is holding.


Make sure you staple it correctly.


Lastly hang a red string and tie a loop at the tree. Done....fish on the tree.

For those who would like a live demo from me, please let me know :)

No comments: