DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, May 21, 2007

All in a weekend dive trip (Day 1)

Itenaries:

Location: Pulau Perhentian
Schedule: 17th - 20th May 2007
Activity: FUN dive + partial DMT training

Initially didn't thought of going for this trip, coz don't think can make it. Suppose to roll into a new project on 14/05/2007....means won't be able to take leave. However suddenly the management told me that the project has been delayed....so I tot, what the heck...just try to get the leaves lah. Got it approved bout 1 week b4 the trip....hence consider really last minute d. Since its last minute...I din really asked anyone to go with me, just wanna make it a simple budget trip.

Wednesday...
Bus is at 9.30pm....so was a bit rush. Left my client's location in PJ ard 6.30pm. Sampai rumah already 7pm...then kena pack pack a little...especially the toiletries stuffs n "mou kan" (towel)and check whether everything is packed or not. Seriously u don't wanna find out u left something important like ur underwear (happen to me ones) when u r already like 400kms away from home.

Took a quick dinner and I am off to the KTM station to catch a train (what else) to the Putra Bus Station near PWTC. Really susah take train with such a huge dive gear bag.....n then kena jln bout 500m from the train station to bus station carrying a 15kg dive bag...torture torture.

One thing nice bout the Putra Bus Station....then bus always depart on time (+- 2 mins) diff....coz the announcer will scold if the bus don leave...hehehehe. So finally cabut from KL at 9.30pm. Its 8 hours ride to Kuala Besut.....or should I say 8 hours of torture if u can't sleep :) Lucky for me...I got both the seat to myself...seems like no one bought the seat beside mine...yahoooooo.

Thursday...
Din get to really sleep much....I think only manage to catch a short nap between 2am till 3.30am. The bus driver is really speeding....we reach Kuala Besut jetty at 4.30am....45 mins earlier than the Mutiara bus which left KL half an hour earlier. Din have anything much to do in the jetty.....weather is nice and windy and cold. The Watercolour office is not open yet also....so I go sleep on a big bench/platform I found near the office. Bout 10 mins into my sleep....a female cat come n rub rub against me wor...wa lau....terkejut aku. Then tido beside me....hehehehehe.

Finally the Watercolour opis open...but still I have to wait for RT n the geng who will only be reaching bout 9.30am....wa lau eh. Manage to catch some sleep in the Watercolour office....eventhough its not comfortable at all.

Finally semua orang sampai...n off we went to Pulau Perhentian. I am damm tired at that time. I skip the 1st dive (just a checkout dive) to have lunch with Chu San and Azlan. Afterthat manage to get bout 2 hours sleep too b4 the next dive at 4.30pm....we are going to Terumbu Tiga (T3)...yahooooo...one of my fav dive site coz a lot of nudi branches. I really sleep like a dead log (expected lah...more than 18 hours no sound sleep) until I din know my room mate knock the door several times too.

Finally at 4.30pm.....we are off to Terumbu Tiga. Mild current is expected coz the tide is moving out. Vis is ok...not bad. I din use my wetsuit.....decide to wear my "charisma" white skin suit n swimming bermudas saja...hehehehe. Din really see anything spectacular lah....except more than 20 of those normal looking nudi branches.

Got night dive today also...but got surcharge...so I dowan to go lah. Spend the rest of the day doin my log (only 1 dive today) coz now got dive comp d....can know my own profile...kekekekeke. Then makan n go to bed early coz next day got early dive.

No comments: